the hardest part about being a feminist is knowing that one day soon i will grow 15 feet and my arms will shrink and i will become a t-rex with an insatiable appetite for man blood
and there’s nothing i can do to stop it
the transformation has already begun i can feel it in my bones
the hardest part about being a feminist is when you hit a dude adn he hits you back just as hard.
there’s equality for ya. now go make a sammich.
a woman making a joke on the internet about feminism— about turning into a dinosaur and eating innocent men, no less. this sounds serious. you didn’t want to have to resort to this but… desperate times call for desperate measures.
you’re going to have to do it.
you’re going to have to make a sandwich joke
this is a tradition passed down from the ancient men’s rights scriptures of 4chan, dating back to the early 2000s AD
you inhale deeply
it’s not an easy task, but this feminist is out of control. if you don’t do it now who knows what dark horrors she’ll unleash upon mankind
someone just got owned
The worst part is, now this kid just has tons of anons pouring into his inbox with insults.
Obviously, he should be called out on his shit, and have a serious sit-down explaining what’s up.
But getting sworn at and called stupid or a sexist douche or an ignorant misogynist is NOT going to change his perceptions of feminism one bit.
Here is an opportunity for education, and feminists fucked it up.
Now he’s a woman-hater for life.
(OP and their response was brilliant, though. No question.)
I honestly don’t know what you think is the problem here- where did anyone swear, or call someone stupid, or anything? None of that was in the above response- I didn’t even see things like that in 99% of the reblogs I ended up reading. Chances are, many of the reblogs DID have “education” in them. And I’m certainly not taking my time to message him about it.
I do not have to respond to people with education every single time. When people read a feminist’s joke and decide to reply with “har har kitchen/sandwich/women,” they are nooot simply unaware of the problems with saying that. They are intentionally baiting feminists to give long winded explanations or to respond with righteous anger, because most people (not all, but most) do not actually think women only belong in the kitchen. Responding to it with anything other than, “That joke is super old,” only reinforces the idea for them that feminists (and women in general) will complain about oppressions that “don’t even exist” and “don’t know how to take a joke.” I seriously doubt many young pseudo-liberals on the internet actually need to be sat down and patiently educated that, “No, actually, women shouldn’t be shamed if they don’t want to cook.” That is part of why they like the joke: they like to think that all feminists talk about is how to convince people we shouldn’t be making sandwiches for them. That there are no bigger issues facing any of the groups feminism tries to stand up for.
At the end of the day, my feminism is not just about education redistribution, although that is a big part of it. My feminism is also about creating safe spaces for people. I am not particularly bothered by sandwich jokes, but some women, especially young girls in my experience who are less confident engaging in discussions, are bothered by such jokes and I think it is refreshing when people respond in the way the OP did. Sometimes you don’t have to be a teacher- you can be a feminist tyrannosaurus and that is rad enough. Humor is a weapon. If the person who made the bad joke will be a “woman-hater for life,” that is not my responsibility or fault just because I responded with a picture of a dinosaur. I should not have to beg for someone’s basic respect; if I have to do that, their respect is not something I want to begin with…
- mdca likes this
- fili-kili-thorin reblogged this from arollercoaster-thatonlygoesup
- bleeding-sparkles likes this
- hannibonani reblogged this from arollercoaster-thatonlygoesup
- ankhetperue likes this
- martwizzle likes this
- the-beacons-are-lit reblogged this from arollercoaster-thatonlygoesup
- the-beacons-are-lit likes this
- arollercoaster-thatonlygoesup reblogged this from carnivorae
- carnivorae reblogged this from alanabananana
- saheh reblogged this from alanabananana
- alanabananana reblogged this from hmasfatty
- berrieswithnoses reblogged this from turdlewexler
- dzurlady likes this
- kidhedera reblogged this from hmasfatty
- hmasfatty reblogged this from radicallyvisible
- hmasfatty likes this
- radicallyvisible reblogged this from shehasathree
- yoshitakura likes this
- stares-at-stars reblogged this from wearetheperfecttrap
- jessicockalus reblogged this from wearetheperfecttrap
- wearetheperfecttrap reblogged this from imacookiestealer
- not-a-rabbits-foot reblogged this from digivolvin
- freegladelancer likes this
- real-life-sandra-dee reblogged this from stateyourporpoise
- fattastic-and-finally-happy reblogged this from -rachel-anne-
- stumblingwithscissors likes this
- time-of-no-reply reblogged this from ravingsofabitch
- thesixofspades reblogged this from pigeonscout
- vadomayres likes this
- bringmetheheadofjosephgarcia likes this
- cas-meowster reblogged this from bijane
- bijane reblogged this from stateyourporpoise
- ravingsofabitch reblogged this from -rachel-anne-
- stateyourporpoise reblogged this from digivolvin
- forever-seeking-wonderland reblogged this from charleydarling
- rumpitypumpity reblogged this from onourway
- wanderwillow reblogged this from presidentjonesco
- vomitqueennn likes this
- charleydarling reblogged this from gtfothinspo
- onlyyifyouurunn likes this
- slipperyhousekey reblogged this from beedrilled
- whythewonder-falls likes this
- jimjamjamjam likes this
- kitsonpaws likes this
- holdmecloser-tonydanza reblogged this from ecstasybread
- bitka-goyke likes this
- forwesley reblogged this from pixyled