I swear if I ever look up and see a transwoman (or really any male) reflected in the mirror of a public women’s bathroom I’m going to shriek like a fucking banshee until that bastard’s ears bleed or they gain a newfound respect for women only spaces and GTFO. And this isn’t because I’m a radfem- this is because the women’s restroom is supposed to be a safe male-free zone. When a male violates that they put every female in there on edge, and some of us have 0 tolerance for that kind of fuckery. Especially those of us who have been assaulted, abused, or otherwise harmed by men. No warning, I’m just going to scream. Think about that before you decide you want to go into the woman’s restroom. I’m not the only one who will shriek.
Radscum are the equivalent of stray dogs now
sorry if my blog lately has had a lot of gross stuff on it but I think it’s rather necessary to point out where radical feminism is really existing- what it is saying- and why I really think it is important for feminism as a whole (not the rad part) to distance itself from everyone involved in that.
Feeling justified to scream and yell at people because your social conditioning makes it uncomfortable seeing them in the bathroom is like the height of privilege. When a trans woman comes and uses the bathroom after you, that is the only thing that is going to happen: you are going to feel uncomfortable because you are radfem. When a trans woman is forced by you to use the men’s bathroom because she has to pee somewhere, she faces a very real and potential threat of violence and harm by others for simply being there. When a trans woman uses the women’s bathroom, she faces the same threats. In both cases, she risks people screaming at her/misgendering her/treating her like shit just for existing. As a cis woman I can’t say I have ever experienced or had to anticipate that when walking into a bathroom, so let’s keep things and privileges in perspective here.
“Although social acceptance for transgender people is growing, parents continue to abandon youth with gender-identity issues when their children need them most, advocates say.
49 per cent of transgender people attempt suicide.
Transgender youth account for 18 per cent of homeless people in cities such as Chicago, but researchers estimate fewer than 1 in 1,000 people is transgender.
1 in 12 transgender people in America is murdered.
Transgender youth whose parents pressure them to conform to their anatomical gender report higher levels of depression, illegal drug use, suicide attempts and unsafe sex than peers who receive little or no pressure from parents.
Less than 1 to 1.5 per cent of individuals experience persistent regret after sex-reassignment surgery.
Sources: Guidelines for Transgender Care (2006), Gender Spectrum Education and Training, Families in TRANSition (2008)”
- sexselector reblogged this from feministdisney and added:
- wattsworth reblogged this from hot-corned-beef
- hot-corned-beef reblogged this from thefeministbitchings
- sick-and-tired-of-it likes this
- lillithandrosemarys reblogged this from feministdisney
- nocticola likes this
- rocknrowling likes this
- relapsinglazyholic likes this
- hopeforthesunrise reblogged this from stfusexists and added:
- corelliaantilles reblogged this from stfusexists
- youknownothingjimkirk reblogged this from vonizzix
- kissmycoccyx likes this
- mirkwoodprince reblogged this from esotericalesbians
- astorplacerioter reblogged this from vonizzix and added:
- vonizzix reblogged this from nosdrinker
- riotnotdiets likes this
- hartofstone reblogged this from snerpthesnerr
- wordsonastick likes this
- sandetiger reblogged this from wanderingandfound and added:
- wanderingandfound reblogged this from itsvondell and added:
- gothicfeverdream reblogged this from everythingbutharleyquinn
- box-girl reblogged this from sendificator
- theres-no-awesome-without-me reblogged this from sourgoat
- amorfelis reblogged this from roselynlalonde and added:
- roselynlalonde reblogged this from pizzaforpresident
- lesaba reblogged this from desmondmiles
- lucienovie-thelastlappytop reblogged this from albinoshira
- destroyedforcomfort likes this
- xveezyweezyx likes this
- prorsum-sugar-on-me likes this
- dollypho reblogged this from a-s-h-e
- laurasianpersuasian reblogged this from feministdisney
- lost-in-her-own-world reblogged this from mugglescanttameme
- hereitsallalright likes this
- hereitsallalright reblogged this from theeisforevelyn
- nocticola reblogged this from feministdisney
- strider-sempai-noticed-you-and reblogged this from snerpthesnerr
- flopryn reblogged this from traptin85 and added:
- iamababs likes this
- theeisforevelyn reblogged this from natellite
- genderagnostic reblogged this from mugglescanttameme and added:
- tits-and-sand likes this
- salmonsample likes this
- killerkhaleesi reblogged this from presidentjonesco
- idontgetnosleep reblogged this from stfusexists and added:
- iheardshelikesgirls likes this
- cestuncoupdetat likes this
- voswagulary likes this
- formyevann reblogged this from to-entrap-a-local-predator
- theartistboy reblogged this from mugglescanttameme