I use media we are all familiar with because it is a good starting place.
I think it is kind of silly to say “this blog seems” something if you haven’t read enough of it to realize it is hardly just about the depictions of females. You know? How can you critique “my terms” if you don’t actually know what they even are?
Don’t underrate hostility, especially in the age of PR worship. Whether or not I agree I am hostile is beside the point. Simply being hostile is not always adverse. If we’re discussing and critiquing media, to be frank, hostility is often quite necessarily for the promotion of change.
Most people who critique what is “really a part of the solution” have no idea what they’re talking about, and no idea of how many little pieces form a bigger whole, IMO.
PS I’m mildly drunk sorry ya’ll if these are incoherent or something
- eschergirls likes this
- starry-starry-eyed likes this
- nervouswanderlust likes this
- misanthropicmotherfucker likes this
- inside-myhead likes this
- goddessofthecunt likes this
- eatyourpaisley said: oh my god i stopped reading after the first 2 lines of this ask i feel like you have answered this “question” a hundred times
- sweetlittlemoon likes this
- mathiaskohler likes this
- torukun1 likes this
- fatflagrantfeminist said: It’s wicked gross for men to say “females” as though we’re a different species, always a lesser species.
- mockingturtles likes this
- feministdisney posted this