(tw: rape culture)
SAY NO TO RAPE CULTURE AT DISNEY!
PLEASE REBLOG if you think you have followers that would be interested in spreading this. I don’t usually ask people to reblog, but we need to spread the petition!
This is how it starts out:
(trigger warning for content)
“To be honest, I feel more violated by the way Disney treated me than I feel from being raped, and I’m worried for every other person that has been in my situation.”
In this petition, we are requesting that Disney:
A) Apologize to Dana Wierzbicki for her experience with their inadequately trained staff
B) WDW make changes to their policies so that any future victims receive adequate care, counseling and advice, and are treated respectfully during this process.
C) WDW ensure that all program participants are given standard, verbal discussions of appropriate contact with other staff (getting consent, not ignoring a lack of consent)
The original article is here. http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/disney-rape
Below is the type of treatment she received from individuals who were supposed to be there to help her.
To quote the article:
“Well, now you know not to be hanging around boys in the middle of the night.You know what they want.” (Employee assistance counselor)
”She continued to make excuses for my rapist. She asked where he was from and I told her, “France.” She remarked that “cultural differences” were probably part of the problem, telling me that the French have a “different view of love” than we Americans do.” (counselor again)
“Are you sure you’re not reporting this as a rape because you wanted him to be your boyfriend and he said no?” (employee relations)
I’ve been following this and it’s really disgusting how they treated her, and the victim blaming is all too so personally familiar to me, and this came from Disney employees who were supposed to HELP her.
Even if these were just individual bad actors, Disney needs to act to make sure that they have adequate policy and training in place to prevent future assault victims in their employ from being treated like this when they need help.
Signal boosting for people who might care and want to sign the petition.
What i replied to the original article, for the record:
It’s needed faith to believe you, due to the negative lack of detail you give. If you told the same to these 2 Disney people, i congratulate them for their posture. In short: IF YOU ARE GONNA MAKE THIS PUBLIC, TELL EVERYTHING. If you don’t, like you did, you seem more like a liar or someone who don’t know what rape is… (because “slightly non-consented sex” is NOT rape)
I suggest everyone unfollow and block this rape apologist. (notice: I did not say send death threats, as we’ve had problems with that recently)
Wow. “I congratulate them for their posture” why don’t you send them a fucking thank you letter or something then
"“Are you sure you’re not reporting this as a rape because you wanted him to be your boyfriend and he said no?”
Oh yes, what a remarkably professional composure to have. Please, let me know their full name so I can get them for my company, we are definitely needing someone like that in our employee relations office.
I think the victim knows what rape is, though that was a nicely patronizing touch.
There is NO SUCH FUCKING THING as “slightly non consented.” People like you are the problem when “No” isn’t enough. They shouldn’t even have to SAY no. No is the final straw, not the first. Recognize that people are not enthusiastically consenting and back the fuck away, they do not have to scream and shout and punch you in the face to get the message across. Unless you are actually an earthworm with only a small handful of cells operating your body functions, as a human being you are cognitively aware of when other people are signaling non-consent with their body language, their word choice, their not-quite-consciousness, etc.
You are a potential rapist, or someone who tells a rapist that they are not raping, waiting to happen. Get out of this conversation
- littledarling13 likes this
- peppy-panda likes this
- yaoipotatoz reblogged this from the-death-fandom
- yaoipotatoz likes this
- i-do-it-for-the-cats reblogged this from feministdisney
- i-do-it-for-the-cats likes this
- ima-little-fangirl reblogged this from feministdisney
- inspired-kettchup reblogged this from ami-angelwings
- inspired-kettchup likes this
- dweebzilla likes this
- giveslessons likes this
- the-scarlet-rabbit likes this
- rosey-buddy likes this
- pyranova reblogged this from eschergirls
- rvn940 reblogged this from eschergirls
- johnkatyass likes this
- itsinmygenes reblogged this from lithuanina
- lithuanina reblogged this from eschergirls
- geegollywhiz reblogged this from eschergirls
- im-beheaded-atleastiwas-wedded likes this
- bbcfive likes this
- lovelypanda reblogged this from severalghostbats
- severalghostbats reblogged this from gingerthon
- the-mockingjay-fire likes this
- thegirlstillwaitingforthetardis likes this
- dilanuk reblogged this from nonbinaryholmes
- emergencyprogram-one reblogged this from nonbinaryholmes
- black-blue-readallover reblogged this from lasagne
- nonbinaryholmes reblogged this from gingerthon
- iamnotadalek-i-am-a-human reblogged this from gingerthon
- gingerthon reblogged this from lasagne
- letitellez likes this
- whats-a-meg likes this
- skeletonplay likes this
- bllucifer reblogged this from sociopathicitaliangrandmas
- bllucifer likes this
- sociopathicitaliangrandmas reblogged this from lasagne
- lasagne reblogged this from disneyforprincesses
- taoshaman reblogged this from eschergirls
- taoshaman likes this
- atomic-glitter reblogged this from feministdisney and added:
- fall-away-endlessly reblogged this from ashleypurdy-is-purdy
- ashleypurdy-is-purdy reblogged this from dieforapie
- dropsofstars likes this
- momsphallicheadstone reblogged this from g--spot
- iliterallycantrightnow reblogged this from g--spot
- g--spot reblogged this from prochoiceinpink
- dashcondescension likes this
- patheticpussy reblogged this from flawlessfiasco